The schedule of the event
Global Game Jam - as always - starts on Friday around 17:00 local time (GMT+1 for Italy). We are looking into putting the finishing touches on the complete program, stay tuned! If you want to stay updated sign up for the jam, and we will notify you via email through Eventbrite! You'll be one of the first to know.
Friday the 24th
- 14:00 - Registrations start
- 14:30 - Opening by Roma Tre, Codemotion, IndieVault.it
- 14:40 - Davide Carnovale: "New Horizons for Augmented Reality on Smartphones"
A talk on current directions of AR on smartphones, which possibilities are currently ignored, and how to take advantage of them. Small introduction to Vuforia, on how to use it and how to take advantage of its powerful features.
- 15:10 - FootMoov: “Game Dev Contest”
Introduction to the contest organised by FootMoov, a technology that allows the use of shoes as motion controllers.
- 15:15 - EggUp: “We create A-Teams”
Introduction to the team forming techniques that EggUp is developing and that will be tested during the jam.
- 15:20 - Alessio Falsetti, Imagimotion: “Porting Kung Fu”
This talk will analyze the job of porting games (Imagimotion games, but also third party's) between different platforms. Among other examples, Alessio will show the new game Imagimotion is working on.
- 15:45 - Q&A session with Santa Ragione
- 16:05 - Microsoft: “How to Develop Games on Windows”
- 16:40 - Ciro Continisio, Tiny Colossus: "Jam Survival Guide"
- 16:45 - Global Keynotes
- 17:00 - The keynote video is shown, and the theme for the jam is revealed
- 17:20 - The jam officially begins, and jammers can start creating groups
Saturday the 25th
- Jamming continues all day long
Sunday the 26th
- 17:00 - The jam ends
- 17:00 - Game presentations
- 18:00 - Game showcase and voting: Participants will put the games on display for the others to play, and each jammer can vote for their preferred games
- 19:00 - Prizes are awarded (?)
- 19:30 - The event ends